What’s on the menu?
Whenever a friend, family or co-worker comes back from a vacation, they always share their food stories with you. One place that comes up often is McDonald’s. So here is a list of McDonald’s menu items from around the world.
1. Matcha McFlurry with Oreo Bits – Japan
Matcha blended with crushed Oreo bits.
2. Mango Peach McFlurry – Malaysia
3. Mango Peach Sundae – Malaysia
4. Durian Crunch McFlurry – Singapore
Really!? I’m not sure about this one…..Smelly fruit with soft served ice cream.
5. Magnum® McFlurry – Germany
Who doesn’t love Magnum® Ice Cream? I wish they had this at every McDonald’s as their standard flavours.
6. Cone Oreo – Mexico
Cone made of Oreo Cookie(minus the cream filling) with vanilla ice cream served in the cone.
7. Mango Custard Pie – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Traditional McDonald’s pie with a mango and custard filling. Notice the “ORDER NOW” in the photo? There’s McDonald’s delivery in some countries.
8. Taro Pie – Parts of Asia and Hawaii
Not everybody likes Taro but when it’s sweetened, it changes the flavours a lot. Try Taro bubble tea and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Taro filled pie is an interesting option.
9. McCafé Macarons – France, Australia and Some parts of Asia
10. Local Deluxe Breakfast Platter – Hawaii
A breakfast meal containing McRice, Spam, Eggs and Portuguese Sausage.
11. Deluxe Brekkie Roll – Australia
Bacon, egg, sausage and delicious chunky tomato relish all on a toasted roll.
12. Bacon & Egg BBQ Roll – Australia
Two rashers of bacon, egg, cheese, and BBQ sauce, all on a toasted roll.
13. McCurry Wurst – Germany
Pork Bratwurst chunks in a spicy tomato sauce with Curry flavoured Shaker packets to dust on top.
14. Black and White Burger – China & Japan
Black burger: Mashed potatoes, beef patties smothered in black truffle sauce, chopped lettuce and bacon in between two buns made with squid ink.
White burger: Bacon, lettuce, Truffle sauce with a fried chicken patty.
15. Hawaiian BBQ Pork Burger – Japan
Pork patty topped with pulled pork BBQ sauce, shredded cabbage, pickles and coleslaw.
16. Double Ebi Burger aka Ebi Filet-O – Japan
A breaded shrimp patty with large pieces of shrimp in it. This is too good to be true.
17. Banana Pie
18. Tropical Tango McFizz Drink
19. Seaweed Shaker Fries – Japan, USA & Asia(For a limited time at some locations)
Flavour packets and fries are mixed and shaken in a bag. Each location has different sets of flavour packets.
20. Gilroy Garlic Fries – California
Garlic, Olive oil, Parmesan Cheese and Parsley.
21. McSpicy™ Paneer – India
22. Chicken Maharaja Mac – India
23. McRice Burger – Philippines
Two sticky rice patties in replacement for the buns and a choice of a beef or fried chicken patty.
24. Bulgogi Burger – Seoul, Korea
25. Saimin – Hawaii
A noodle soup that was inspired by Chinese, Japanese and Filipino noodles. Spam, green onions, Nori(seaweed) are a few toppings found in this noodle soup.
26. Spinach and Parmesan Cheese Nuggets – Italy
27. McDonald’s Fried Chicken – Indonesia
Fried Chicken at McDonald’s?
28. Chicken McDo & McSpaghetti – Philippines
The McDo is a fried chicken meal usually served with a side of McRice. Yes, McRice is an actual thing available at McDonald’s in the Philippines.
Believe it or not, the McSpaghetti is a usual menu item that may be ordered in the Philippines.
29. McNoodles Chicken – Austria
Noodle stir-fry with chicken, vegetables and salad with sweet and sour or curry sauce.
30. McArabia – Qatar
Two grilled chicken patties with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and garlic sauce folded in Arabic bread.
Looking at the different menu items served at McDonald’s around the globe made me think of one thing…..Why don’t we have these in Canada? I guess during your next vacation out of the country, remember to drop by a McDonald’s. Many items to cross off your foodie bucket list.
One last thing that I forgot to mention. Wouldn’t it be great to wash down your food with a McBeer? Unfortunately, the McBeer is served at McDonald’s in Europe.