Debuting worldwide on *September 29, 2017, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Classic Edition* The internet has been stirring up some mixed feelings regarding Nintendos announcement. This is mainly because of the previous Classic Mini NES which couldn’t supply the demand.
Let me tell you my experience with the NES Classic
The NES Classic which is now discontinued and it was a hard to get a console during its time on the market. I have to admit, at one point I had 8 units on me. I sold a few at a premium price online to people who didn’t want to wait for the console to restock. I also sold some to family members and of course added a fee on top of the cost. I don’t trick people or take advantage of people who really need the console or as a gift to someone. I actually sell them to people who understand that I camped out in line at Best Buy and they simply pay me for the troubles.
So let’s get back on track!
The reason why I shared that story is that the new SNES Classic is coming soon. Scalpers are clearly aware of this date and I’d like to share some tips on how to score yourself at least 1 unit before September 29 or on the day of the launch.
What is the Super Nintendo Classic Edition Console?
As stated on the Nintendo website:
The Super NES Classic Edition system has the original look and feel of the 90’s home console, only smaller. Plus, this one comes fully loaded with 21 games!
Two wired retro Super NES™ Classic Controllers are included for multiplayer gaming right out of the box.
Get your hands on some of the best 2-player games of the era, including Super Mario Kart and Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting.
The Super NES Classic Edition is compatible with the Classic Controller™ and Classic Controller Pro™ accessories. Just plug it in and play!
What games are included?
Here’s the full list of games:
- Contra III: The Alien Wars
- Donkey Kong Country
- Final Fantasy III
- Kirby Super Star
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Mega Man X
- Secret of Mana
- Star Fox
- Star Fox 2 (Unreleased Game!!!!)
- Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
- Super Castlevania IV
- Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
- Super Mario World
- Super Metroid
- Super Punch-Out!!
- Yoshi’s Island
What are my tips on securing 1 or 2 units?
People who know me here in Vancouver have been asking me how I always end up with more than 1 unit during the launch of a product. Well, here are my simple and common tips that will successfully land me with a guaranteed SNES Classic Edition console. Check it out!
- Follow Nintendo’s social media accounts(Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and website).
*this will keep you up to date on pre-order dates, second wave of stock and product updates*
- Follow local retailers social media accounts/blogs like Best Buy, EB Games, Amazon, Toys R Us, Walmart(Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and website).
*Retailers usually have a “Notify Me” subscription available*
- You followed, liked and subscribed to all the social media channels, now what? Here is where you need to stay on top of receiving notifications for Pre-order dates/times, Store hours during launch day, restock dates and more.
- During product launches, I usually wait until Midnight to purchase a unit online and then line up 4 hours before the store opens to secure a secondary one for a family member or……craigslist.
- Join contest giveaways and raffles. I’ve seen it with my own eyes and people actually win at these things.
- If you don’t mind paying the extra $$$ for a unit, grab one online on Craigslist or eBay. Make sure you are not paying more than a 40% markup, some people can get greedy.
Nostalgia is the death of me, especially if you have invested money and a crap load of time into it as a kid. I sold every NES Mini I had and I have never played it once. This time I am going to keep the SNES Classic Edition because all my favourite games are on it.
If you live in the 604 and see me camped out don’t be shy and say what’s up. Until then, happy hunting and I hope my tips will get one of these beauties in your hands. Stay tuned for an episode of What’s in the box? SNES Classic Edition
Bead Freakz (Instagram) – https://www.instagram.com/bead_freakz
Please, comment and give your feedback on the topics mentioned. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for collaboration and advertising opportunities.